These telephones are suitable for use on exchanges built to British, German as well as South African standards, in compliance with the relevant requirements of SABS Standards.
SABS 314-1: 1994 “Flameproof Enclosures for Electrical Apparatus, Part 1: International requirements”, SABS 60079-0:200 Electrical apparatus for explosive gas atmospheres Part 0: General requirements.” and SABS IEC 60079-11:1999 “Electrical apparatus for gas atmospheres – Part 11: Intrinsic safety “i”’.
- Case: Cast in Leaded Brass.
- Handset: Hard Rubber with tough P.V.C. Cord.
- Capsules: Both Dynamic.
- Ring Voltage: 25-110 a.c. 16-60 Hz
- D.C. Loop 25 – 75v
- Loop length up to 1800 ohms
- Dialling: Tone/Pulse (B/M 2:1 10 p.p.s.) Switchable.
- T.P.B. 100ms
- Last number redial
- Keypad & Handset intrinsically safe (Protected by Triple Zener Barrier) I.A. Rated
- Ringing – Mouthpiece in Handset
- Locations: Gas, Underground and Surface.
- Hazard Frequency: Intermittent as could occur under normal operating conditions in a hazardous area.
- Environment: Group I/IIA Methane to Hydrogen
- Limiting Temperature: T6